Re: Different bodyplans

From: John Burgeson (burgy@compuserve.com)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 17:12:23 EDT

    I know some flies have been known to divide into new species based on their
    larval food, but that is because courtship takes place on the food plant.
    A male who hangs out on apples won't meet a female who likes pears. In
    another case, one fly ineage has gone through some substantial adaptations
    and now can feed on a plant most flies find poisonous. That's not nearly
    the level of difference you are describing, but it is the closest I can
    remember.
        Dr. David Campbell >>

    The article I saw was more than this (I think). But I seem to have lost it
    altogether
    in my move up here to the mountains. Bummer!

    Burgy