Re: ID

From: george murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 16:31:33 EDT

    glenn morton wrote:

    > Moorad wrote:>
    > > My conception of religion is man seeking God; whereas the
    > > Christian faith it
    > > is God seeking man. Accordingly, the ID movement can never lead to Christ
    > > but to a heuristic "proof" of the existence of God. Moorad
    >
    > Not only that, ID claims not to care whether the designer is God, Allah,
    > Aliens, or your next door neighbor.
    >
    > “Behe’s argument does not entail (as in logically compel) a theological
    > conclusion because it is consistent with other explanations. For instance,
    > perhaps some advanced alien race planted fully constructed, reproducing
    > organisms on a hospitable earth some time in the distant past. IN that case,
    > someone other than God would have designed these features of the biological
    > world. Sure, it’s far-fetched; but it’s possible. For this reason,
    > intelligent design arguments in biology do not normally entail theistic
    > conclusions even if many people suspect God is lurking somewhere in the
    > background.” Jay Wesley Richards, “Proud Obstacles & a Reasonable Hope,”
    > Touchstone, July/August 1999, p. 29-32, p. 31
    >
    > When I read things like this, I wonder why Christians see such hope in the

            Because the caveat expressed here is a smokescreen. The use of ID against
    "naturalism" is itself a demonstration that things like directed panspermia aren't
    in view, for that would provide no "wedge" against naturalism. IDers don't follow
    up their arguments by advocating searches for the
    ETs who seeded earth.

    Shalom,
    George