re: TE-man

From: Bjoern Moeller (dj_mic20@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 13:41:57 EDT

    Allen Roy wrote:

     It is life that was
    put
    into the body, not a soul into a body.

    I say (thinking hard):

    This is crucial, and I think Allen is right. If we
    take a non-dualistic view of personhood (which is,
    again, debatable), and if we hold evolution to be near
    to true (which is not very debatable), then every
    animal, every corporate being, must have a soul
    (life). That has to include dogs, caterpillars,
    spiders, amoebes, or at least all animals in the
    evolutionary line of descent to human beings. We are
    holding for true that God did not on any occasion in
    the history of life put or breathe a soul into man,
    but merely that life itself (that somehow is from
    God), inherent in all animals including man, is what
    make out for what we today name 'soul.'

    But this does not at all solve my problem. Still we
    have to ask; what makes man unique (compared to all
    other animals from which he has descended, and from
    which he has life/soul)? Even worse to explain; what
    makes it possible for man to communicate with God?

    It seems to me that Allen's view (or the view he
    presents) does not answer my question, rather it makes
    it even more hard to answer.

    Bjorn Moller.

    e-mail: dj_mic20@yahoo.com