Muddle East

From: glenn morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 05:06:43 EDT

    Concerning the troubles in the Middle East, note how close we have come to
    the scenario of Richard Duncan that I posted in Sept.
    http://www.calvin.edu/archive/asa/200009/0165.html. See the very last part
    of that post.

    When I posted that a month ago I didn't think we could be that close to this
    scenario. I was wrong. And even if we get out of this this time, it will
    recur. When Duncan said in his scenario, that if the scenario got going oil
    would rise to $100 / bbl or more, another analyst in the Guardian 10-13-00
    said the same price if oil supplies are threatened. There is no spare
    capacity in the world today. Demand = Supply.

    glenn

    see http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm