Re: Creation Jokes (An Apology)

From: george murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 12:32:12 EDT

    "William B. Peters" wrote:

    > I think that we should lighten up a little bit. How are we truly
    > supposed to not offend anyone? THE GOSPEL IS OFFENSIVE TO
    > NON-BELIEVERS!!!!! Should we compromise and stay quiet? I understand
    > the concern, but my OPINION is that this is getting ridiculous. Just
    > an opinion. I am now sorry that I even brought the subject up. It
    > does say much about how this world infects christians.

            Yes, the gospel is offensive because of the scandal of the
    cross. But the denigration of women (even in the guise of cute jokes
    about "the little woman" &c) is no part of the gospel. And to find out
    whether or not something denigrates women one has to ask women first of
    all - though without limiting the survey to radical feminists.

    Shalom,

    George