Re: Creation Joke

From: george murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 09:54:36 EDT

    "William B. Peters" wrote:

    > Are there any joksters out there? I am giving a talk next week and
    > need an opener. Does anyone know any good creation jokes?

    Here's a summary of one that was on some list (maybe this one about a
    year ago).

    Scientists decide that since they know how to do everything - create
    life &c - that God should be told to retire. God demurs so they
    challenge him to a contest. God starts by reaching down & taking a
    handful of dirt, breathes into it, & a living creature emerges.
    Scientist thinks that's easy enough to match since living things are
    made up of the same elements as dirt, so he bends down to pick up a
    handful of dirt. "No, no" God interrupts. "You get your own dirt."

    You can flesh out the details.

    Shalom,

    George