Evidence Creation Museum-Pterodactyls

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 10:37:04 EDT

    Solnhofen specimens were known by the early 1800's, but early ideas made them rather batlike. I do not know what the state of knowledge was in the 1850's. Anyone who thinks Reader's Digest Amazing Stories is a good scientific source has problems. However, even if it were, the survival of a pterosaur inside a block of Jurassic rock would be a problem for physiologists, not for evolution.

    Anyone have suggestions on how to best gently break it to someone that Baugh is not a sound source?

    Has he given any excuse for contributing to the Mysterious Origins of Man TV show, which was Hare Krishna propaganda? They used the bogus evidence to claim that humans were around in the Cretaceous rather than dinosaurs in the recent past.

    Incidentally, strictly speaking no dinosaur ever walked on its heels, as they were digitigrade.

        Dr. David Campbell
        "Old Seashells"
        Biology Department
        Saint Mary's College of Maryland
        18952 E. Fisher Road
        St. Mary's City, MD 20686-3001 USA
        dcampbell@osprey.smcm.edu, 301 862-0372 Fax: 301 862-0996
    "Mollusks murmured 'Morning!'. And salmon chanted 'Evening!'."-Frank Muir, Oh My Word!