Re: Brimstone Insurance Co. calling

From: Dawsonzhu@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 12:41:15 EDT

    Guy,

    I'm sorry, this one got buried,

    <<
     Japan, as a nation, refused the Biblical message. Yes, the Japanese
     ancestors refused the Bible. According to the Bible, all the nations of
     the world did not just spring up in various places out of nowhere. They
     all had a common root. They were all initially exposed to the presence
     of Jehovah. After the Babel Tower affair they broke up and went their
     individual ways. In addition, there are not many inhabited areas of the
     planet that Christian missionnaries have not yet touched. So pleading
     ignorance will not really be easy for anyone standing before the throne
     of judgement.

    Yes, I think we are certainly accountable for our decisions. However,
    I know that my choice to be a Christian was surely easier than theirs.
    Even when I consider the things I have to endure as a scientist because
    I carry with me a faith in Christ, I think it still more problematical
    for many Japanese. I think it is not for me to say that they deserve
    punishment which I do not.

    <<
     On top of all of this, Wayne, is the Biblical fact that God wrote his
     laws on all our hearts. When a Japanese smiles, talks to you in a
     friendly way and even goes out of his way to give you a helping hand,
     he's doing it because he's inhabited by the Spirit of God, not the
     spirit of Buddah. The only problem is that he doesn't know that! It's
     up to a Christian to tell him...which does not mean he will accept the
     fact...remember...he's free to be wrong.

    Indeed, my role is important here. I am conscious of this and
    concerned about it.

    <<
     Your question re escathology is premature. You don't start by talking
     about hell any more than you would start talking about your home town by
     saying that you will be thrown in jail for drunken driving! Anyways
     Buddism has its own hell: a never ending cycle of incarnations where
     most are not very gratifying.

    I was only asking the theologians what their position on
    the matter was. From that, I gather that their answer
    is "we don't know, but what we are certain of is that
    Christ is the only way". It seems to me a reasonable
    response. It is Christ's decision if they are to be
    saved or not.

    <<
     So the followers of all wordly religions (i.e. all religions except
     Christianity) are spiritually lost and need someone to show them the
     Way. As mentioned above, each person has the laws written on his/her
     heart and, because of this, has a fundamental need for fellowship with
     the true God. But rejection is still possible if the truth is not
     administered well. The critical issue to accepting Christ's offer is
     the feeling that committing one's life to Christ is a sure way of
     loosing one's freedom. As any born-again Christian knows, nothing is
     further from the truth.

    Indeed.

    <<
     Yes Christianity at first sight certainly sounds rough, tough and narrow
     minded. It definitely does not blend well with today's liberal
     thinking. The Bible does say that the road and door to the Truth is
     narrow while the road and the door to perdition that the worldly people
     follow is wide. There are only two possible reactions to His offer of
     salvation: Yes of No. There's no room for a definite Maybe!

     Salvation is awarded on an individual basis. Even if the nation of
     Japan rejected Christ's offer, a Japanese person, acting on his/her own
     is therefore quite capable of accepting it. As for the proverbial Pygmy
     lost in the Amazon who dies before personnaly hearing of Christ's
     sacrifice, Christ will deal with that in his own way. The way I tend to
     picture it after having waded through the Bible more than once is that
     Christ will see what this person did with the "laws written on his
     heart". Did he ignore them and set up his own rules or did he abide by
     them? Was he attentive mostly to the Spirit or to his own spirit?
     Next, at the moment of death, Christ can at an instant instruct the
     person on what he may have missed in terms of biblical fact (mainly on
     His death and resurrection at the cross and its exact meaning and
     implication) and ask him to make a clear Yes or No decision. God would
     never be so shortsighted as to make salvation a question of geographical
     and cultural situation. I keep hearing that the country today ahead of
     all other in terms of new people coming to Christ is China. I rest my
     case.

     So, you and I and all other Christians have to get over the "he's not a
     Christian but he's so nice God will surely usher him through the pearly
     gates" attitude. But, along with you, Wayne, I sometimes look at
     non-Christians who have great attitudes and personalities and say to
     myself: "Boy he/she would make a great Christian!".

    I just need to keep working on finding a way to reach the Japanese
    heart with the message that Japanese need just as much as you and me.
    That is really the most difficult matter. Asian culture is built
    around walls that must be penetrated before the heart is reached.
    Mix that with vast cultural differences, and it makes it difficult
    to share the Gospel in a way that they truly understand. Just have
    to keep on trying.

    Thanks for sharing with me.
    By Grace alone do we proceed,
    Wayne