RE: atheism & theism

From: Joel Z Bandstra (bandstra@ese.ogi.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 14:39:32 EDT

    An interesting argument in this matter may be the question of the existence
    of absolute truth and from whence such absolutes would spring. I think
    every person, if they really think about it, would conclude that there is
    absolute truth (not just societal norms). To the question "Is there
    absolute truth?" one may not answer "no" for that would be implying an
    absolute truth. So, where does absolute truth come from? I say God. If
    God does not exist then what does one say about the matter?

    There must be counter arguments to this sort of thinking. It may be an
    interesting topic, particularly, to discuss with an atheist philosopher (I
    figure philosophers spend a lot of time thinking about this sort of stuff).