Re: Brimstone Insurance Co. calling

From: Dick Fischer (dickfischer@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 21:55:10 EDT

    David Siemens wrote:

    >I covered that, but not if you assume that all will be equally in pain.
    >Luke 12:47 suggest that there are degrees of punishment.

    I find the idea that there are degrees of hell, as there are levels of
    heaven, intriquing, the scriptural support is a wee bit thin. At least
    Bertrand Russell wouldn't have to rub elbows with Joseph Stalin, for
    example. That would be good.

    I harbor a strange idea that reincarnation is part of the grand
    scheme. Are you old enough to remember Bridey Murphy? If you take the
    remark that you "must be born again" literally - then there you are, my
    deceased, agnostic father gets a second chance. And that also would be good.

    My hesitation comes from giving what could be false hope. If Christ is
    "the way" then there should be no other way. If there is another way,
    Scripture surely doesn't spell out many alternatives. I think I would
    prefer to err on the side of safety. If eternal damnation is as bad as
    Scripture implies, "darkness," "fire and brimstone," "wailing and gnashing
    of teeth," I certainly wouldn't want to be one who says, "Oh, it won't be
    that bad." That's all I would need: tortured souls in hell blaming me for
    leading them to believe it wouldn't be any worse than a few weeks in
    federal prison watching TV.

    Dick Fischer - The Origins Solution - www.orisol.com
    "The answer we should have known about 150 years ago."