Re: 9600/200

From: maxavid (maxavid@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 14:20:25 EDT

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Skelton, Kim
      To: 'avid-l@calvin.edu'
      Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 1:56 PM
      Subject: 9600/200

      Well...I am going to open myself up for this one!

      I have the Xpress Elite 2.2 on a 9600/200. In the back there is a port that appears to be a Firewire connection near the Ethernet socket. Can anyone confirm this or am I seeing things.

      If it is Firewire what can I do with it and the Xpress? Probably nothing from what I have been reading...but worth a try for I have the Canon XL1 and on the way a JVC DV500U. It would be nice to have use of the port.

      No, there is no Firewire port on a MAC 9600/200, and EVEN if there was (which there is not), if the AVID software does not have a selection for Firewire input, it ain't gonna work. No matter what hardware you may have, unless someone writes the software to configure a port - no matter what it is, it's not gonna work.

      Bob Zelin