Re: intelligent design

From: Stein A. Strømme (stromme@mi.uib.no)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 11:20:16 EDT

    [Wendee Holtcamp]

    | (2) On a mechanistic level, there is a huge deal of genetic code that
    | is not used by organisms but is nonethless in their DNA. It is called
    | Junk DNA (I'm not sure if this is the official scientific term but it
    | was called this in one scientific documentary I saw).

    I asked a similar question the other day, but no answers yet so I'll
    repeat it here: How can it be known that this DNA "is not used by
    organisms"? Is current understanding of genetics really that good?

    Stein

    --
    Stein Arild Strømme <mailto:stromme@mi.uib.no>  telefon +47 55584825
    Universitetet i Bergen, Matematisk insitutt       mobil +47 95801887