Re: intelligent design

From: SteamDoc@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 14:46:58 EDT

    In a message dated 7/1/00 5:28:00 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
    RDehaan237@aol.com writes:

    > In my opinion purposelessness is deeply embedded in evolutionary theory. I
    > doubt if you would find any mainline evolutionists who would deny this.

    Even if one grants this, what is the proper response?

    Is it to oppose the unjustified philosophical insertion of purposelessness
    trying to pass itself off as a result of science?

    Or is it to oppose the science within evolutionary theory, which may be as
    theologically neutral as atomic theory?

    Do we deal with barnacles hanging onto a ship by scraping them off (even if
    they are stubbornly attached), or by torpedoing the whole ship?

    Dr. Allan H. Harvey, Boulder, Colorado | SteamDoc@aol.com
    "Any opinions expressed here are mine, and should not be
     attributed to my employer, my wife, or my cats"