Re: Preprogrammed?

From: David Campbell (bivalve@email.unc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 15:30:33 EST

    Looking at Luther, Calvin, Erasmus, and Arminius on this might be more
    productive than arguing. My own views would endorse the first two. At the
    current rate, it seems unlikely that we are predestined to resolve this
    argument here. It may be more helpful to agree that we need to acknowledge
    both God's sovereignty and our responsibility. It is also important to
    note that the free will particularly argued against by Luther, etc. is the
    freedom to choose to follow God of our own initiative rather than because
    of His work in us. Whether we are able to rebel creatively was not the
    main issue.

    David C.