Fwd: FYI--Fwd: Dr. Choi

From: Dale K Stalnaker (Dale.K.Stalnaker@grc.nasa.gov)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 13:02:48 EST

    By the way, I hope that I haven't offended anyone on the ASA discussion
    group who is in the medical profession! It's just that I've yet to hear a
    *YEC* creationist speaker who had academic training in paleontology,
    geology, or astronomy.

    The idea of a young earth runs counter to these three sciences, not to
    mention biology, as well as others.

    Dale Stalnaker

    >Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 11:44:02 -0500
    >To: "Kuban, Glen" <kpaleo@yahoo.com>, joel Duff <joelduff@nls.net>
    >From: Dale K Stalnaker <Dale.K.Stalnaker@grc.nasa.gov>
    >Subject: FYI--Fwd: Dr. Choi
    >Cc: mortongr@flash.net, dks@en.com, George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>,
    >asa@calvin.edu
    >
    >FYI,
    >
    >This info was forwarded to me about Dr. Charles Choi, the man from ICR
    > who will be speaking about "Creation and Evolution" in Cleveland.
    >
    >Note that Choi is a physician. Actually, I would like to hear the
    >subject be addressed by a paleontologist, biologist, or geologist.
    >
    >Dale Stalnaker
    >

    >>Subject: Dr. Choi
    >>
    >>Dale,
    >>Here is the info I received about Dr. Choi:
    >>He has lectured at places, such as MIT, Princeton, University of
    >>Georgia, and University of Michigan. He was working with the Natural
    >>History Museum in Cleveland to send over articles to Korea, because they
    >>are building a Creationist museum there. His Doctorate is a medical one.
    >>He is an anesthesiologist at Fairview Hospital and also involved in Pain
    >>Management. He is close friends with Dr. Henry Morris, Dr. Duane T.
    >>Gish, and others who founded the Institute for Creation Research.
    >>Hope this helps!
    >>Terry

    Dale K. Stalnaker
    NASA/Glenn Research Center