Re: ID:philosophy or scientific theory?

From: George Andrews (gandrews@as.wm.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 10:48:43 EST

    Moorad Alexanian wrote:

    > Dear Glenn,
    >
    > Thanks for your comments. I had forgotten the mush our students are taught
    > at all levels in our schools and universities. Even in universities and
    > colleges in the Bible Belt nothing but liberal democrats or out right
    > communists end up as Commencement speakers. This together with the inability
    > of our students to discern sense from nonsense makes even the "better"
    > students of Cornell eat up all the crap that they are fed.
    >
    > Moorad

    Wow, I think this is a bit extreme. This has not been my experience with
    students at Rutgers U., Wesleyan U., LeTourneau U., Rice U. or the College of
    William and Mary. Also, the likes of nonliberal-noncommunists types such as
    Margaret Thatcher, George Bush and Bill Cosby are among some the commencement
    speakers I personally am familiar with. (I am not familiar with Mr. Cosby's
    political views so perhaps he should be left out; but how can I leave Bill Cosby
    out! Besides, he spoke at my M.A. graduation at Wesleyan, Ct. in 1986)

    Sincerely
    George