Re: ID:philosophy or scientific theory?

From: glenn morton (mortongr@flash.net)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 15:56:25 EST

    At 01:13 PM 3/8/00 -0600, Charles F. Austerberry wrote:
    Johnson and Behe and other ID proponents are at their best when
    >they ferret out non-scientific *philosophical* materialism /naturalism, and
    >they don't have to look very hard to find such statements being made by
    >Sagan, Dawkins, Dennett, Provine, Wilson, etc.

    I wanted to point out a couple of things about the last two on this list.
    Wilson was raised a Southern Baptist and left Christianity when he was in
    college because there were no Christian apologetics which answered his
    questions. And Provine and I have had many e-mail chats a few years ago,
    (now rare since he is sick), about his faith. He was the son of a
    Presbyterian Preacher. He too lost his faith because he couldn't see any
    reason to believe the Bible especially given the apologetical choices.
    Now, my question to this group is, who is at fault? Is it those who lose
    faith, or those who failed to supply reasonable answers?
    glenn

    Foundation, Fall and Flood
    Adam, Apes and Anthropology
    http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm