Re: ID (fwd)

From: George Andrews (gandrews@as.wm.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 09:54:16 EST

    Hi Guys;

    What is the difference between spiritual and material? It seems to me that both
    of these notions are fraught with antiquated presumptions and ideals that need a
    lot of unpacking. Is spirit connected to primitive ideas of ghosts? Is spirit
    that which is immaterial? If the answer is yes to the last question, then we are
    simply creating word categories and that doesn't have much apologetic appeal to
    scientists.

    If the answer is yes to the first question, than as a physicist, I don't
    believe in ghosts; so an apologetic based on this which is designed to lead me
    "to folly" won't get very far; for it appears that the presumption is folly
    enough. :-)

    Thanks

    George A.