Re: more on anti-christian tracts

From: George Murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 11:31:21 EST

    Moorad Alexanian wrote:

    > I must say that I have not read "The Communist Manifesto." However, there
    > is a Marxist concept that is interesting for Christians and that is the
    > notion of the "New Man." It seems to me that that concept means selfless,
    > honest, people sacrificing themselves to the Communist state. A sort of "new
    > birth" that will become the norm of the citizens of the Marxist state. In
    > a way Marxism is promising heaven on earth when the Marxist society is
    > established. This is religion, Christianity without Christ or God. The
    > whole of Marxism is a misunderstanding of Fallen man. Pure nonsense!!

            Marxism is an extreme form of Christian heresy without God & with a strong
    eschatological emphasis, the expectation of a kingdom of heaven on earth. Virtually all
    heresy involves an overemphasis on some aspects of Christian doctrine with corresponding
    damage to others. It's hard to write "pure nonsense" without a random number generator.
            The Communist Manifesto is 47 pages in English in the edition I have, brief
    anough that one can afford to read it before denouncing it.
                                                    Shalom,
                                                    George
    (Disclaimer: I am not & never have been a member of the Communist Party.)

    George L. Murphy
    gmurphy@raex.com
    http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/