Re: Two Times

glenn morton (mortongr@flash.net)
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 19:24:29 +0000

At 04:13 PM 12/19/99 -0800, Bert Massie wrote:
>A Tale of Two Physisists:
>
>For those on this line who have it all figured out, I would like to pose
>a question.

I don't have it all figured out, but I will tell you what I would do with
this.

>Consider that God put two physicists into the Universe about 100,000
>years after the beginning according to the Big Bang cosmology. These
>physicists have identical clocks on them and are immune to the insults
>of radiation, gravity gradients, and the lack of a Journal to publish
>in. By some means their clocks are synchronized and set at zero. One
>happens to be located at a point in space which eventually becomes a
>very massive neutron star. The other happens to be at a point which
>becomes intergalactic space. By some further means we at current epoch
>read their clocks (I will ignore the consequence of how this comes
>about.) The neutron star physicist states that his clock has elapsed
>400,000 years and the intergalactic physicist says his has elapsed
>10,000,000,000 years. Again, I ignore the details.
>
>Please integrate this result with Genesis..

Since I place Genesis 1 as the planning stage prior to the clocks and
physicists even being created, this experiment has no effect on Genesis 1.
In Genesis 1 the universe was planned--nothing was created. And since I
believe that Genesis 2 is the account of the ACTUAL creation of man, this
occurred at least 2 billion years after the clock reading 10 billion years
was red. Therefore, I see no implications whatsoever to Genesis. What is
the problem?
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology