Re: Time

dfsiemensjr@juno.com
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 19:56:03 -0700

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 19:55:44 -0500 Massie <mrlab@ix.netcom.com> writes:
> The reference to Schroeder is ISBN 0-684-83736-6 and the title is
> "The
> Science of God." THis is not his only book but it is a good start.
>
> Good reading.
>
> Bert M

May I suggest, before one takes Schroeder's view of time, including that
the 15x10^9 years of cosmology and the 6 days of Genesis 1 are both
literally true because of the deity's relativistic motion, considering
one requirement of this view: God must be totally within the space-time
universe. This precludes Schroeder's deity from being the Creator of
orthodoxy. It may be the panentheistic deity of process theology or other
heterodox pantheistic views, or even the _deus sive natura_ of Spinoza.
But these are poor substitutes for the Father revealed in the Son.

Dve