Re: Where has the church has had to change

Ken Sewell (ksewell@airmail.net)
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 01:37:04 -0600

At 11:33 AM 12/9/1999 -0500, MccarrickAD@nswccd.navy.mil wrote:
>After a discussion with another church member last night, I was thinking of
>issues that have caused the "church" to adjust its teaching of what the
>Bible requires. Help me with my history. Of course a simple one that came
>to mind was the Heliocentric verses Geocentric issue.
>
>Al McCarrick

The wording of "what the Bible requires" is the issue. The teaching of
Heliocentric verses Geocentric is not and never was a Bible issue. It is a
result of men teaching as religion what they think science taught. Just as
bad a men teaching what they think religion says as science. We must be
very careful when doing either to make sure we are not teaching assumptions
as facts. Science keeps changing as we delve into its mysteries, and every
time I read through the Bible, I find a new thought.

Ken Sewell
http://www.zyworld.com/Ken_Sewell/Home.htm