Re: St. Basil's 400AD view of the Days of proclamation

mortongr@flash.net
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 20:52:39 +0000

At 09:04 AM 08/19/1999 -0400, Bill Hamilton wrote:
>I would argue however (and I doubt you would disagree) that God can and
>does function on any timeline He chooses -- one that's appropriate for what
>He's accomplishing. As Howard says, he has gifted nature with a variety of
>capabilities that make nature capable of carrying out His plan for the
>development of nature. On the other hand He gifted men with the capability
>to think and to interact with Him, and when He interacts with men He does
>it on a timeline and at a tempo that's appropriate for interacting with men
>-- at least from His point of view.

I don't disagree at all with this. But the item that caused me to reply was
the implication, as I read it, that God word in Genesis must act instantly.
I may have misunderstood you.
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology