Re: Inconsistency on Shroud vs. Genesis.

mortongr@flash.net
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 20:56:49 +0000

At 02:59 PM 08/12/1999 -0400, Bill Hamilton wrote:
I am very skeptical of Glenn's long-term
>prospects for getting YEC's out of the intellectual rut they are in,
>because I would think his stretching of the genealogies out to cover
>several million years would stink mightily in their view.

It does! :-)

But still I'm
>not willing to write off his approach, because it may be effective for some
>people. I tend to think of the Bible as historical, but much more
>important than the history is revelation. Evangelicals seem to think that
>deemphasizing history takes something away from Scripture. I think
>Scripture is much more than history, and because I am a finite human who is
>limited in how many issues my mind can grasp at once, I'm more likely to
>concentrate on the revelation than the history whenever it taxes me to
>concentrate on both. Sometimes I worry that YEC's take the opposite tack.
>Anyway, I'm glad you are willing to be so patient with Glenn.

Yeah, Glenn is hard to be patient with--all the men and women work in my
group tell me that.

glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology