RE: Life, death and Genesis

Bill Hamilton (hamilton@predator.cs.gmr.com)
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 12:08:52 -0400

At 11:58 AM 8/11/99 -0400, Rasmussen, Ryan J. Quoted me:

>> >There is no clear connection here with the death of animals.

and Dick Fischer's response:

Then wrote:

>Could he really? What happens to the "tree" when our sun reaches the
>end of its lifecycle engulfing the earth? Pushing that forward... what
>happens to an "eternal man" when the universe has expanded as time
>progresses to a point where there is nothing left but black holes and
>neutron stars?
>
>I don't believe we were ever meant to live for eternity in this
>universe.

I'm no Hebrew scholar, but I believe "forever" in Scripture frequently
means "for a very long time" -- not necessarily eternity.
Bill Hamilton
William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.
Staff Research Engineer
Electrical and Controls Integration MC 480-106-390
GM R&D Center
30500 Mound Road
Warren, MI
hamilton@predator.cs.gmr.com / whamilto@mich.com (home)