Re: Life Death and Genesis

Guy Blanchet (guyblanchet@sympatico.ca)
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 22:49:22 -0300

mortongr@flash.net a écrit:

> At 07:00 AM 7/23/99 -0300, Guy Blanchet wrote:
> > Some of you focused on details (e.g. the difference in the meaning of
> 'good' and
> >'perfect') while others commented from broader bases. However, one
> important thing
> >to note is that when a discussion centers on the Creator God and the
> Bible, such
> >as was the case here, the participants inevitably rally under one of two
> possible
> >positions: the Bible is God-inspired and speaks the Truth, or, the Bible is
> >flawed and just waiting to be re-interpreted and maybe even re-written or
> >just plain discarded. Most of you fell in the second group with one thing
> >in common: that of not having a global view of the Bible.
>
> Rather than engage in gross generalities, why don't you deal with the
> specifics of the points raised against your position? Are you hiding fron
> them? Are you wanting to avoid the hard work of answering such questions
> as: Why did God call the world 'good' rather than 'perfect' while you
> insist on saying the created world was perfect? Why don't you explain the
> detail of why you are going against what the Bible clearly says? Why don't
> you deal with specific answers to the other questions the others asked you?
> Any rhetoretician can throw out generalities, it takes a real scholar to
> deal with the details. Which are you?
> glenn
>
> Foundation, Fall and Flood
> Adam, Apes and Anthropology
> http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm
>
> Lots of information on creation/evolution

Glenn,

You use the expression 'gross generalities'. The expression which best
renders the spirit of what I was saying is 'general principles'.
Dwelling on details does only one thing when the Word of God is the
issue: it leads to bottomless discussions. One minds the pennies while
the dollards slip through ones fingers. No, you are right, I am not a
scholar. I just love God.

You say that the 'good' vs 'perfect' question is very important. I
think it is a no-brainer: when my God, a perfect Being, says something
is good, I know
exactly what He is saying.

Respectfully,

Guy Blanchet