Re: GM food

Graham Richard Pointer (grp1@st-andrews.ac.uk)
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:20:26 +0100 (BST)

There have been other similar food scares before- in 1988 there was the
salmonella in eggs scare which led to the downfall of Health Minister
Edwina Currie.

I think another factor is Government links with the relevant industries.
I am aware that there are Government ministers with strong links with
companies which are involved with GM food- leading to fears that any
change in policy would be due to this rather than to any discussion of the
issues involved.

Graham.