Re: The Genesis Factor

Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 22:46:02 +0100

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your comments.

Regarding Gn.2:5 and 2:6, I believe they are consistent: no rain...but
there went up a mist... Nothing started to grow until the mist appeared.

Concerning the rainbow: the phenomenon is essentially the consequence of
certain physical details built into the Creation - in particular, the
optical properties of sunlight, the performance of the human retina, and
the sphericity of airbourne water droplets. Its non-appearance before it
rained is surely entirely consistent with the information provided in
these early chapters. As I see it, were it not for the spectre of
evolution haunting the proceedings, this reading would not be disputed.

Concerning your 'minor surgical procedure' analogy: in my view this does
nothing to rebut my case.

Sincerely,

Vernon