Re: Accepting Genesis 1 as scientific truth

Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Fri, 28 May 1999 00:06:09 +0100

Hi Janet,

Thanks for writing.

Regarding the reading of letters as numbers, the Hebrew, Aramaic and
Greek are 'natural' systems of alphabetic numeration, ie letters were
actually used as numerals by these peoples. The same can't be said for
English. I reject the suggestion that we are in the realm of
'divination' here. What of Revelation 13:18 where we are encouraged to
experiment with such conversions?

When the 7 Hebrew words/numbers which constitute Genesis 1:1 are
observed to total 2701 - a large triangular number with many other
interesting associations - shouldn't all seekers of truth sit up and
take notice?

Vernon

http://homepage.virgin.net/vernon.jenkins/index.htm

http://www.compulink.co.uk/~indexer/miracla1.htm