Re: Life in the Lab -- Fox and the Nobel Prize

William A. Wetzel (n6rky@pacbell.net)
Fri, 07 May 1999 10:03:01 -0700

Pim:

Moorad is correct that God is not a material entity. Ever since Philo was
alive "philosophy and theology" traditionally defined God as transcending
all known realms, that includes the material.

The Bible states that God is a spirit as well. The arguments are: With or
without a body, and whether a body that is natural or supernatural. In as
far as "orthodox christianity" is concerned -> it is supernatural.

Now in the physical realm (the domain of science) Moorad is correct. What
lives MUST die. It is a part of the life cycle and it forms the basis for
natural selection, and the need for reproduction.

I have not reviewed any of Fox's work though, so I cannot comment to what
is being debated here regarding the creation of life in the lab. What I'm
going to say though is this: It is theoretically possible.

Best Wishes,
William - N6RKY

--
William A. Wetzel