Re: Questions. Article in NATURE

E G M (e_g_m@yahoo.com)
Wed, 5 May 1999 14:00:33 -0700 (PDT)

One thing is to be a Calvanist and other a Mechanist, one does not
imply or require the other because God does not necessarily have to
conform to be only involved in the initial condition nor is he
restricted, unless voluntarily, to work in the elect "to will and to
do" mechanistically. Moreover, regarless of what you may think the
sciences will or will not achieve, the NMR experiments on religious
people (see NATURE) is precisely a sort of "Spirit-Detector", at least
for the naturalistic scientist who restricts herself, by MN, to
naturalistic explanations. BTW, I am one who believes that there is a
fine connection between the physical and supernatural; the scientists
finding a chemical responsible for my persistant prayer life (I wish)
would be finding the "physical" cause of my experience without access
to the pre- or supra- physical cause. However, the crucial point of
the questions was not address by your short comment. Thanks anyway.

EGM