Re: dinosaur footprints again

Blaine D. McArthur (bjmcarth@pacbell.net)
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 23:09:25 -0700

The Laetoli footprints are in a layer of tuff (ash) , not lava. (ouch
ouch ouch)

There was a pretty interesting "popular" article in the September 1998
issue of Scientific American about this site and these footprints. It
focuses, of course, on the famous hominid footprints - No mention of
dinosaurs. : )

A more technical account by anthropologist Tim White and Gen Suwacan be
found in the American Journal of Physical Anthropology 72:485-514; 1987