Re: Design as Concept, Sign, and Production

AJ Crowl (qraal@hotmail.com)
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 21:58:45 +1000

Hi ASA,

Egads... I actually agree with Moorad for a change...8-o

Frank Tipler pointed out that according to modern gauge theories nucleons
are continually being destroyed and re-created from their quantum fields at
about a billion trillion times a second. What keeps everything in being from
one moment to the next? Only God's Being seems adequate as a guarantor of
the World's continuity, being transcendent over the system.

Adam

----- Original Message -----
From: Moorad Alexanian
To: William A. Dembski ; WBradley@mengr.tamu.edu
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 1999 6:04 AM
Subject: Re: Design as Concept, Sign, and Production

I have a hard time understanding the notion of a universe that does not need
intervention by God. I thought Christians believed that the existence of the
physical universe is contingent on the existence of God. Isn't that a direct
form of intervention? It seems obvious to me that if we are far from
determining the values of the fundamental constants by means of mathematical
theories, then the manner in which God continuously sustains the universe
into existence instant by instant, is astronomically more difficult. Herein
lies a mystery that is unfathomable to the human mind? All we can do is to
speculate and argue amongst ourselves about our speculations.

Moorad