Re: Apologetics, Genesis, and C.S. Lewis

Steven H. Schimmrich (sschimmr@calvin.edu)
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 12:19:58 -0500

At 09:25 PM 11/23/98 -0800, you wrote:

> At least in the group of geoscientists I run with, they see no reason to
> believe a book that is patently false when it comes to the science they
> work with every day. And they find it absurd to believe something is
> divinely inspired when they find is scientifically aburd. That is why I
> take the approach I do.

They find it scientifically absurd because they're making the same mistake
the YECs do - they are reading it too literally and missing the point. But
I know we can go on and on and on with this back and forth (as we've seen :).

- Steve.

--
   Steven H. Schimmrich, Assistant Professor of Geology
   Department of Geology, Geography, and Environmental Studies