Re: Descendants and Thomas Trap

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 09:02:01 -0500 (EST)

At 08:14 PM 11/23/98 -0800, Glenn R. Morton wrote:
>At 02:28 PM 11/23/98 EST, PHSEELY@aol.com wrote:
>>Glenn,
>>invalidated the NT documents, you replied:
>><< We know that such a document existed at one time or some document like
>>that.
>>
>> <<Matt 28:11 While the women were on their way, some of the guards went
>into
>> the city and reported to the chief priests everything that had happened.
>> 12 When the chief priests had met with the elders and devised a plan, they
>> gave the soldiers a large sum of money,
>> 13 telling them, "You are to say, 'His disciples came during the night and
>> stole him away while we were asleep.'
>>
>> <>
>>
>>"The obvious claims of the guards" are obviously not eye-witness accounts and
>>are, in fact, self-contradictory since people who are asleep see nothing.

Am I missing the depth of the discussion? People who are asleep can still
testify to the before and after their sleep. So long as what happened in
between does not lead to their awakening, then that particular event could
indeed had happened. The resurrection of Christ, for those who did not
experience His death, will forever be a matter of faith. Otherwise,
everybody would be a believer. I do not think God intended to interfere with
our free will that much.

Moorad