Re: Loony claims about moon dust

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swau.edu)
Mon, 09 Nov 1998 16:20:37 -0800

At 04:25 PM 11/9/98 -0400, David wrote:

>Reminds me of a tabloid article I saw posted at USGS claiming that the moon
>was the skull of a space monster. It fortunately died just before it could
>devour our atmosphere. This explains the face-like "man in the moon"
>appearance of the full moon. The low density of the moon relative to the
>earth is explained becauses skulls are hollow. I do not recall any mention
>of dust.

We have an honest-to goodness first edition of "The hollow earth Throry" in
our library! I haave put it on the Philosophy of Science reading list. It
is a real winner, and the logic is inscrutible. The theory is that the
earth is hollow and we really live on the inside. At the poles, there are
holes that you can get out fi you are clever enough. The evidence is
overwhelming. You can prove it to yourself just by taking off your shoe.
If the soles turn up, you must be walking on the inside curvature of the
earth. If you were walking on the outside, your soles would turn down.
I'm convinced.
Art
http://biology.swau.edu