Re: Evolution is alive and well

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 09:02:59 -0500 (EST)

At 03:53 PM 10/13/98 -0400, Bill Hamilton wrote:
>At 01:19 PM 10/12/98 -0500, Moorad Alexanian wrote:
>
>>I am sure that a dedicated evolutionist would conclude that modern animals
>>developed somewhere else in the universe and landed here on earth after they
>>were dully developed.
>
>If one did, I doubt he'd be listened to, because he would have no evidence.
> Evolutionists theorizing about the development of life on earth have the
>fossil record and existing life on earth to study and gather evidence from.
> An evolutionist claiming a fossil had been transported from Alpha Centauri
>would have no evidence to back up his assertions.
>Bill Hamilton

I found the following in the October 6, 1998 issue of the Christian Science
Monitor.

New Major: University of Washington Offers Astrobiology

Want to spend your life searching for space aliens? The University of
Washington says it has a place for you. The school says it has received a
five-year, $2 million grant from the National Science Foundation to set up
an astrobiology program so people can major in the science of searching the
universe for other forms of life. It would be the first specific program in
astrobiology.