Re: Evolution is alive and well

Tim Ikeda (tikeda@sprintmail.com)
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:26:16 -0400

Moorad writes:
[...]
> I am sure that a dedicated evolutionist would conclude than modern
> animals devolved somewhere else in the universe and landed here on
> earth after they were dully developed.

It doesn't seem terribly convincing or worthwhile to interject the
hypothetical musings of some exceptional, unchangeable, fanatic,
"evolutionist" here. There are still "flat-earthers" but who really
worries what they think? More pertinent is what a reasonable person/
scientist might conclude if the patterns of life had been different.
Could such a person abandon evolution as an explanation for certain
connections between life's branches if circumstances were changed?

Answer: Certainly.

Now if one happened to have evidence that an interstellar ark landed
on earth, then one might have a case for panspermia...

Regards,
Tim Ikeda
tikeda@sprintmail.hormel.com (despam address before use)