Re: Complaining against spam OT

William T. Yates (wtyates@vcnet.com)
Sun, 26 Jul 1998 15:03:57 -0700

> What is everyone's view on abortion after rape? I find
> this to be a pressing moral and very emotional issue. Say for instense you, a
> to raise the baby as your own flesh and blood or would you have it aborted. I
> know adoption is a strong option in these cases, but that brings up another
> side of the problem. Mothers who put babies up for adoption usually end up
> thinking about that child everyday of there life after it has been born. This
> leaves extreme emotional and psychological damage to the mother (not to
> mention the 'damage' already present from the rape). People in these
> situations usually end up paying an arm and a leg for psychiatrists and
> medications for decades. So, simply put, what is your (referring to all
> mailing list participants) views on this subject?
>
> -Mike S.

This is always a difficult and painful issue. But my question is: What did the
baby do to deserve a death sentence? Certainly it is painful for the mother and
loved ones but the child is innocent. We must be extremely wary of the arguments
for abortion and euthanasia which depend upon putative future emotional (and
financial , etc.) problems. We cannot know the future with the certainty required
to judge that this child should be killed and that one should live. We are not
God. He is and He is sufficient for whatever He, in His wisdom, brings into our
lives.

Blessings,

--
--Bill Yates