Re: Complaining against spam OT

TUXEDOM45K@aol.com
Sun, 26 Jul 1998 14:21:51 EDT

In a message dated 7/24/98 9:32:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
schimmrich@earthlink.net writes:

<< >Why don't you find something substantial to complain about?

>http://www.walmac.com.au/easttimor/photos/html/photo02.html
>http://www.walmac.com.au/easttimor/photos/html/photo03.html
>http://www.walmac.com.au/easttimor/photos/html/photo04.html
>http://www.walmac.com.au/easttimor/photos/html/photo05.html
>http://www.walmac.com.au/easttimor/photos/html/photo06.html
>

>Steven Schimmrich wrote:
>
>> Fight spam!
>>
>> [ BIG SNIP]

> First, let me say that I found your letter obnoxious and insulting.
>
> It's really obnoxious to send links like you did to an association of
Christian
> scientists not mentioning that they were graphic depictions of women being
raped
> and tortured. A warning for those who wish to avoid viewing such images
would
> have been in order. And, being the skeptical type, I wonder if these photos
are
> even real since torturers and thugs rarely gather evidence against
themselves and
> virtually all of the links on this guy's web page come up with a "File Not
Found"

http://www.cauce.org/.

> Quite frankly, I think your tactic in sending that obnoxious post will
have the
> opposite effect desired. It will turn people's opinion against you and not
for
> the issue you claim to care about.

> - Steve. >>

This is headed off the spam topic, but the previous message set up well for
the following question. What is everyone's view on abortion after rape? I find
this to be a pressing moral and very emotional issue. Say for instense you, a
to raise the baby as your own flesh and blood or would you have it aborted. I
know adoption is a strong option in these cases, but that brings up another
side of the problem. Mothers who put babies up for adoption usually end up
thinking about that child everyday of there life after it has been born. This
leaves extreme emotional and psychological damage to the mother (not to
mention the 'damage' already present from the rape). People in these
situations usually end up paying an arm and a leg for psychiatrists and
medications for decades. So, simply put, what is your (referring to all
mailing list participants) views on this subject?

-Mike S.