Re: YEC and fossils

Bill Payne (bpayne@voyageronline.net)
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 22:00:26 -0600

Steven Schimmrich wrote:

> Young-earth creationists DO accept modern science when it appears to confirm
> their presuppositions. That's why some call it "creation science" and they
> pretend to publish scientific papers in publications such as the Creation
> Research Society Quarterly. They have a love/hate relationship with science
> and eagerly cull from it any data which appears to support their position
> (but, of course, ignoring all data which refutes it).

Modern science is a two-edged sword that cuts both ways, my OEC friend.
World-class astronomer Halton Arp was told not to publish his discordant
red-shift observations. So he complied by writing a book of his
findings. As a result, Arp was denied telescope time by the guardians
of the Big Bang. Last I heard, Arp is living in West Germany where he
has greater freedom to pursue the truth.

Bill