Re: >Re: >RE: What does ID mean?

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Mon, 04 May 1998 13:55:00 -0500 (EST)

At 05:02 PM 5/2/98 -0400, George Murphy wrote:
>Glenn R. Morton wrote:
>>
>> At 10:46 AM 5/2/98 -0500, Moorad Alexanian wrote:
>> >If God is not bound to do exactly opposite
>> >of what our present laws indicate, then what do you mean by God's
>> >sovereignty? Whatever God does is not like us changing our minds. We always
>> >say that the laws we find are only approximate but will approach a sort of
>> >limiting laws as time progresses. That is a very big assumption. Nobody
>> >really knows.
>>
>> I must admit to being a little confused here about what you are trying to
>> say. If God's sovreinty depends on His doing what we don't think he does,
>> then when we change our mind, does God change his actions?
>
> The assumption seems to be that God's "sovereignty" is
>equivalent to an absolute & arbitrary dictatorship. A common idea -
>it's the kind of God most people would be if they could be God. But it
>is not the God who is revealed in Christ.

There is no record that Christ made any comments of our understanding of the
physical universe. I believe that God is truly sovereign and that our laws
describing nature do not constrain Him for any (future) action--future in
our frame of reference. We do not know of God's plans vis a vis the universe
as a physical entity. We read about a new earth and a new heaven, but I am
sure we cannot incorporate that in our physical theories. Can we?

Moorad