Re: >Re: >RE: What does ID mean?

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Mon, 04 May 1998 12:20:56 -0500 (EST)

At 02:38 PM 5/2/98 -0500, Glenn R. Morton wrote:
>At 10:46 AM 5/2/98 -0500, Moorad Alexanian wrote:
>>If God is not bound to do exactly opposite
>>of what our present laws indicate, then what do you mean by God's
>>sovereignty? Whatever God does is not like us changing our minds. We always
>>say that the laws we find are only approximate but will approach a sort of
>>limiting laws as time progresses. That is a very big assumption. Nobody
>>really knows.
>
>I must admit to being a little confused here about what you are trying to
>say. If God's sovreinty depends on His doing what we don't think he does,
>then when we change our mind, does God change his actions?
>glenn

Dear Glenn,

What I mean is that we cannot "predict" what God will do vis a vis nature.
Only revealed truth allows us to know God. Certainly our natural laws tell
us something about the Creator, but the laws are descriptive and cannot tell
us anything about the future of the universe. [I have worked on the Big Bang
but still make such a statement.] Scientists cannot say for sure that the
sun will rise tomorrow. I was using your very same word. What I said is that
we change our minds and know it. We cannot box God by our naturals laws and
say what He cannot do!

Take care,

Moorad