Re: Coal /YEC - Gastaldo Critique I

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 20:27:20 -0500

At 01:16 PM 4/30/98 -0600, Bill Payne wrote:
>Again, my primary concern is the origin of coal. I understand that the
>floating mat model has strong implications for the YEC position, which
>is exactly why the concept is so fiercely resisted by the OECs.

No, it is because it violates observation. In your Gestaldo critique I
would appreciate it if you would address one point he raised. I finished
reading that yesterday and the fact that the rootlets off the stigmarian
axis are always at 90 degrees to the axis. If the stigmaria had been
emplaced in the mud by transport, there should be deformation of the
rootlets. I would appreciate seeing your response to that.

glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood