Re: >RE: What does ID mean?

Loren Haarsma (lhaarsma@retina.anatomy.upenn.edu)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 13:33:30 -0400 (EDT)

Ed wrote to Glenn:

> 2) The programs you wrote, debugged, refined, tuned, and published in
> the web with forethought, were designed. The products of your
> programs are the products of design. Design was involved somewhere,
> you cannot rule it out.

I think that is precisely Glenn's point.

The rules which govern the computer program's operation were designed.
The specific products of that program are assembled by the process of
chance and necessity operating over time according to those rules.
Therefore, they are also the products of design.

The basic physical laws, which specify the "rules of operation" in the
natural (physical and biological) world, were designed.
The specific products of those laws are assembled _____________________.
Therefore, they are also the products of design.

Loren Haarsma