Re: To M. Pigliucci

E G M (e_g_m@yahoo.com)
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 07:06:29 -0800 (PST)

Matt. 5:21 ãYou have heard that it was said to the people long ago,
ÎDo not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.â
Matt. 5:22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother
will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother,
ÎRaca,â is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, ÎYou
fool!â will be in danger of the fire of hell.

I get your point brother (in-christ), and I wish it were true "all the
time" but the reality is that we are sinner - therefore - we sin (no
vice versa). The same Peter that wrote those beautiful Epistles was
the one who cut the ear of a man in Getsemeni and later debied Christ
three times. Santification is a long and painful process..........

---John Neal <nealjw@one.net> wrote:

> It is only because religion has a long (and bloody) history in our
society
> that you feel you have a claim to some sort of intellectual
respectability.

> Christ's followers have a bloody history - their own. You may
attempt to
> heap the religiously motivated bloodshed of the world upon Christ,
but there
> you just prove yourself a hypocrite. You tout a high goal of
intellectual
> respectability, that is, as if you have attained it yourself, but if
you
> would only read the Bible yourself you would see that Christ was
hardly a
> violent man. And, his followers - true followers, are so much like
him,
> they have been called Christians, that is, Christ like. Strive to be
> intellectually respectable yourself by seeking the truth. Violence
is not
> done by the hand of one who is truly following Christ. Much
wickedness is
> done through his name in order to cloak the perpetrator's own
wretchedness,
> but it is not at all done in actually following his Spirit. He is
holy and
> harmless. He was the one crucified, not the Jews or Romans.
>
> Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

==

EGM
"in ipso enim vivimus et movemur et sumus sicut"