Re: Social problems and evolution

Gordon Simons (simons@stat.unc.edu)
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 12:10:35 -0500 (EST)

Since this response from George Murphy reached me on Monday evening but
his cc to the ASA has not appeared in the archive, I will forward it to
the ASA forum from here, now (George's suggestion).

Thanks, George, for your thoughtful comments.

With the delay, the thread has moved forward beyond your comments. So I
think I will not attempt to respond in any detail to what you say below. I
will simply say that you are echoing some of my thoughts in this area, and
that I generally agree with what you have to say here. Yes, I agree; the
subject at hand has been "obscured in most creation-evolution
discussions." But now it *is* being discussed; we both can be pleased.

I do find I have some differences of thought with several of Glenn's
points on this subject. So maybe I will raise these in a separate posting.

Gordon Simons

George's message follows.