Re: On Provine's hate - rephrasing

E G M (e_g_m@yahoo.com)
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 08:28:59 -0800 (PST)

You pick # 1, I picked #2.

There are great wonderful people, from the general human point of
view, that are not Christians (and Christians that are terrible
people). I was not attacking Provine personally. I was stating that
atheistic evolutionists dislike TE's and IDTers views, plus I was
bringing to the attention of this forum the web-based activities of
Darwin's Day.

Provines could be darling, sweet, charming, didactic, mind-opening,
etc., but when he tells me that half the chromosomes of Jesus belonged
to certain mortal man (without proof), he is not being freindly ;-)

---Glenn Morton <grmorton@waymark.net> wrote:

> At 03:14 PM 3/3/98, E G M wrote:
> >

> >True, I better rephrase. Atheistic evolutionists hate the views of
> >TE's and IDTers identically. Please, bear in mind the definition of
> >hate as I intent to use it:
> >
> >1. To feel hostility or animosity toward. b. To detest.
> >2. To feel dislike or distaste for.
>

> I want to say that during my discussions a few years ago with Will,
I found
> him to be a charming person who has a quick intellect willing to use
it for
> his position. I never felt hostility from him at all. He always
made me
> think about things I might otherwise not want to think about.
>
> Sometimes I think we Christians project our feelings about atheists
and
> evolutionists onto them and believe that they have similar feelings
toward
> us. Some do. Lots don't.
>
> glenn

==

EGM
"in ipso enim vivimus et movemur et sumus sicut"