Re: Coconino - Evidence for a flood?

Steven Schimmrich (schimmrich@earthlink.net)
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 23:25:13 -0500

At 08:53 PM 2/20/98 -0600, Glenn Morton wrote:

>Now, I have no problem with someone studying something or looking for
>evidence for something based on their philosophical belief. But one must
>always be aware that one's philosophy does make one less skeptical on items
>that appear to agree with that philosophy.

Thanks for posting those quotations from Brand's book Glenn. I think
it's very clear, contrary to Art's claims, that Brand indeed has an agenda.

I also have no problem with someone studying something or looking for evidence
for something based on their philosophical or religious beliefs. We all have
our presuppositions. But I will claim that when someone attempts radical
reinterpretations which just happen to support their deeply-held religious
beliefs, we have to examine their claims carefully.

- Steve.

--   Steven H. Schimmrich              Assistant Professor of Geology

Physical Sciences Department schimmri@kutztown.edu (office) Kutztown University schimmrich@earthlink.net (home) 217 Grim Science Building 610-683-4437, 610-683-1352 (fax) Kutztown, Pennsylvania 19530 http://home.earthlink.net/~schimmrich/