Re: Coconino - Evidence for a flood?

Jan de Koning (dekoning@idirect.com)
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 10:09:24 -0500

At 01:27 AM 20/02/98 -0500, John Neal wrote:
>"I get suspicious when I see someone trying to make a radical
reinterpretation of something
>in science in such a way that it would apparently support their religious
beliefs"

>Why? Most of "science" is interpreted through an anti-God predisposition
in the first
>place. You call that objective?

So is most theology and philosphy. Nobody is "objective," not even when
reading the bible. How does the above post further any valid conversation?
We cannot come any closer to God if we cannot even discuss things without
accusing each other.

Yes, it is true my religious belief influences the way I interpret findings
and, yes, I want to see natural science, which studies the earth, come to
the same conclusion as my reading of the bible. That is true of all of us,
so, please, stop being sarcastic and try to refute arguments that deal with
the Coconino. Don't you try to see where somebody is coming from, when you
try to find the background of someone's thinking? Then go and study the
actual findings and try to refute them. John Neal forgot the last part.

Jan de Koning
Willowdale, Ont.